Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happy Sunday. Your new iphone might burn your ass.

It's been 4 days since I wrote a blog.  It''s okay to curse me out for this.  I have been updating the main website and since my company consists of one person (me) I have to do all of the work myself. I also have to go to my other 2 jobs. (NY is expensive!)  Make sure you check it out.

Congrats to Spain for winning the world cup.  That damn octopus was right again.  You know Paul, the one that has been all over the news predicting the winners of the world cup matches.  Too bad he cant pick lottery numbers or find me a husband.  source




There has been a report from AT&T that an iphone4 has caught fire because of overheating.  The user tried to hook it to a computer using the Apple USB cable. The  user of the fourth generation iPhone sustained minor burn injuries in his hand and the USB port of the phone also melted slightly. This happened due to a faulty USB port.  (Oh boy lets hope it was not his left hand because that is two lawsuits in one!)



Photos courtesy of AT&T

To Apple's defense, this can happen to any faulty USB connection.  However this type of event is so rare that it is basically never reported unless it is a high profile device such as the iphone/ipod etc.  The cause if faulty manufacturing.  According to the Boy Genius Report "The fire started in the space between the lead and the phone, and resulted in a couple of pins fusing together."  "Although the main functions of the phone are apparently unaffected, the device won't connect to the PC which means I can neither charge it nor transfer data. Result: one dead iPhone."  source



Steve Jobs probable response: "You're charging it wrong!" 




I have caused many of my gadgets to catch fire (in my early computing days.) I've had motherboards burn because putting the wrong items in them, hubs burn because I lost the plug and tried to put one of my many other plugs that used to go with other things into it. This was how I learned computers. I am not a person who likes to learn electronics by the book. Anyone can read out of a book (especially the people who work the help desks at many companies, the lot of them don't know anything about the products they sell.)  I learned by touching it and making mistakes because that is really the best way to know what truly works and what doesn't.  This person with the phone now has the same philosophy.  Find other ways to charge your phone.

Don't worry apple junkies, 2 more generations before they get it right.  When they do,  I just may get one (if I get it free.)


In other news, Google has invested in Zynga to expand their market on online gaming.  Zynga are the makers of Crackfarm  Farmville.  Farmville is an online game that has a player build their own farm and plant/harvest/fertilize crops.  I started this game one day because a friend of mine was already playing it.  I was bored to death so I started playing it and haven't stopped since.  It's a step up from doodling on a piece of paper really, but it is a great way to waste time if you have absolutely nothing else to do.  (That happens to me a lot, that is why my farm looks fantastic!) 

If you are looking for a job they are hiring for this merger. source

me on Farmville


Someone emailed me this site called Instant Oil Spill.  You can have an oil spill happen on any website.  Here is the funny thing about this site, whenever I tried to do a BP site, it gives me an error. It wont display the page's contents.  I seriously think BP made this instant oil spill site just to fuck with people. That's probably not the case but I find it so ironic that it won't work there properly but works everywhere else.





No comments:

Post a Comment