Sunday, June 27, 2010

IT people + Alcohol = Unfortunate Circumstances

It takes a special person to be involved in IT.  It involves patience.  Lots of it. If you dont have any then you fit into the unfortunate stereotype that many people in IT face which is very mean. (I am not one of those people)

Now when I consume alcohol, all bets are off.  I am considered petite and is an infrequent drinker so whenever the occasion I do decide to drink alcohol, the results are embarrising to some, hillarious to others.  I just dont hold my drinks well.  (Don't get any ideas.)

An IT manager on a United Emerates flight to Manchester (England) returned to court recently for a charge of disorderly conduct after he was arrested after drinking the equivalent of two and a half bottles of wine during the flight, which in a lot of places in England is brunch.  Apparently he had insulting remarks towards the passengers who sat in front of him.  He called the female passenger an "old ****"  I have no idea what the 4 stars in the article mean.  In the US we just use the standard insult "bitch."   source

As Stephanie Tanner would say:





I bet he did not have access to the internet or phones, otherwise he would have had something to distract him on the flight.  It beats the sounds of wild children , old people talking to you about what they did 65 years ago and snoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment