Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Why moms don't care about processors and other gibberish.

My mom, who I love dearly asked my advice on what type of netbook to buy.  I suggested that she buy an Asus.  I've had a great experience with my EeePc since I've had it for a couple of years now.  I wrote all of the information down and told her where to go to order it.






Fast forward a couple of weeks...

She tells me that she has her mini-laptop and wanted me to see it and set it up for her.  I told her fine, I want to tell her about all of the features.  Well, when I arrived and saw what she bought, my mouth dropped.  First, it wasn't an Asus but she bought an Acer.  I explained to her that she bought the wrong machine and suggested that she return it.  This was not meant to be a review but it is looking like one.  I had to tell her that the problem with Acer machines (particularly their netbooks) were the fan and the hard drive.  She said that hers seem fine (keep in mind she just took it out of the box.)  She told me that when I talk tech that she has no clue on what the hell I am talking about so she just says yes to everything I say.

I asked her if she got a warranty and she told me yes so at least if she was going to take a risk like that, she will have some ways of getting a hardware replacement part if needed.  I kept trying to get her to change her mind about returning it.  She suggested that I was making a big deal about nothing since both machines are similar looking.  She told me that she got the brand names mixed up and they sounded too similar so she figured what was the difference anyway.  She said that she will keep the receipt just in case. I gave up at that point.  She wasn't trying to hear me.  Mom wins again.


Before I left the room. I asked her why she insisted on keeping this one.

She said:   "Its red."

No comments:

Post a Comment