Friday, June 25, 2010

Workplace lady


 
I think this is a recurring theme in the tech world office.  You have one female tech person and 40 male techs around.  Now as a single female you would think my odds of finding a partner match would be phenomenal.    Well…no. 

I will break it down for you.

Out of those 40 guys:

1. 15 of them are married (unless I am loose with my vagina then this statistic is null)
2. 7 of them are dating someone (see #1 for exception)
4. 5 of them are so unfortunate looking that you just have to look the other way.
5. 5 are old so they probably resentful that they let women in the workplace. 
6. 3 of them are divorced with a bunch of kids and probably very bitter right now.
6. 2 of them are gay…but hell to me a dick is a dick right? I’d still hit it under the right circumstances.
5.  This leaves me 3 guys to choose from.  2 of them live with mom so if I date them, I am dating mom too in which means I have to sit all day and listen to her tell me about her son’s allergies.

That leaves 1 real datable guy, which there is only a 50 percent chance that I am even compatible with him.

Don’t you love it!

This is just one of the things that some of us deal with on a daily basis.  It’s tough being a girl in this industry.  No matter how good you are you will always be looked upon less than your male counterparts.  That will change one day.   When people call for tech support, they ask for the guys first (even though they know that you do the same thing.)  The female callers are the worse offenders with this.  (Girl-power my ass!)  They will come to you when there are no other options.  This is not a testament of how good or bad you are, it’s the condition of the climate.  




When people think of tech support, they think of :
 
If he is black then probably this:  


Rest assured I look nothing like the female version of the above.  I am quite the girly girl in which some may say is a contributor to why people may not choose me first.  My boobs are at attention (quite a lot actually but not on purpose)  However, this is part of the workplace climate.  People have it conditioned in their minds of what tech people should be.  I am sure if tech guys looked like this:    







people would not doubt them as hard as they do female techs. 

Things are changing.  Barbie has a new Tech version of herself coming out this winter.  Uber feminist may hate it but I love it.  Tech women are just as hot and capable as their male counterparts.  I can fix your machine in 4-inch heels too. (Trust me I have done it and it is possible.)


I am not a  true complainer about it, otherwise I would not be in this business.  I find a lot of humor in the whole setup.


No comments:

Post a Comment